Tuesday, 10 March 2009

Money, money , money!!!

I have set Primary 5/6 a new challenge. The school is going to loan every pupil £1 and the boys and girls have been asked to come up with an enterprising project to multiply this money. Whatever profit is made will be given to a charity which helps children in Kenya run by Finlay Brown's Auntie.

Some of the class have already decided what they are going to do and parental help would be appreciated. Some have decided to make pancakes or biscuits and sell them at interval time. Others have decided to sell colouring sheets to pupils in the school. A boy in the class has shown an interest in washing his neighbours' cars.

The class will be given their £1 tomorrow and I look forward to their fantastic enterprising ideas!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello ! My name is Katherine Copstick and I am proud to say I am Finlay Brown's Auntie. I would like to thank you very much for the work you are doing for the Kenyan children. I hope to see you all near Easter when I will show you film and pictures of the children and their lives - and you will see for yourselves how much good you can do for them

Miss Black said...

I can't wait to see what you all do with your money. I'm sure P1/2 will enjoy buying some of your things. Give us advance warning of what you will sell and when so that we can make sure we have money. :-)

Miss Black

Primary 2/3 Class Blog said...

The boys and girls will be given their £1s on Thursday and the pupils who have chosen to sell their products in the school can start on Monday 16th March. How exciting!

Primary 2/3 Class Blog said...

Dear Katherine Copstick,

Thank you very much for posting a comment on our blog. The class is very excited about their enterprise topic and have come up with lots of ideas. Finlay is planning to sell cookie and had samples for all the class to taste today. They were fantastic! We hope that our little project will help in some way. We look forward to your visit in the near future.